Zerodha is an Indian financial services broker (member of NSE, BSE, MCX, and MCX-SX) that provides brokerage-free equity investments, retail and institutional dealer, and currencies and commodities trading. In 2010, Zerodha is thought for its discount pricing version and revolutionary use of era. It has headquartered in Bangalore and has the physical presence in all important Indian cities like Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmadabad, Chennai, Vijayawada, Hubli, Salem, Coimbatore, Kanyakumari, and Kochi etc. It is also a reputable member of NSE’s consultative committee for developing the enterprise. As of January 2017, Zerodha contributes as much as 5% of retail trading volumes on Indian stock exchanges, producing each day buying and selling turnovers crossing approx $2 billion.
Zerodha Customer Services
Zerodha has a consumer base of more than 200,000 customers and handles common each day turnovers of around 10,000 – 12000 crores in equities and Rs. 1000 crores in commodities. The corporation offers commodities trading thru its fully owned subsidiary, Zerodha Commodities Private Limited. It has gained the “Economics time’s startup awards 2016” in the “bootstrap champ” class. Nithin Kamath, the founder and CEO, gained the 2013 confederation of Indian industry rising entrepreneur award for pioneering the discount broker version in India. The corporation additionally gained the BSE-D&B “rising fairness broking house award” in 2014 and 2015 respectively. It is the best online source of free online trading in India.
Zerodha Trading Platform & Mobile Apps
Several Trading Platforms Presented by Zerodha are given below:
- Zerodha Trader (Desktop application) Platform
- Web (html5) called Z5 Trading Platform
- Mobile Trading Platform
- Offline Trading Platform (Call and trade with a cost of Rs. 20/call)
- Plug-in provided with AmiBroker
Zerodha Account Opening Procedure
To Open the New Account in Zerodha, Following Documents are required –
- Address proof of client (PAN Card)
- Passport size photograph of client
- 2 cheques – one canceled cheque and other cheques filled with account opening fees.
Account Opening with Zerodha
Demat Account Opening: If you also want to open a Demat account with then, you can do that. There’s a Demat account opening charge of Rs.200. In case you are a dealer (F&O), you don’t need a Demat account however in case you plan to do transport primarily based trading you’ll need a Demat account.
Trading+ Demat Account – So if you want to open the Demat + Trading account, the charges for this is Rs. 300. If you want to open commodity account additionally, the fee for that is an additional Rs. 200.
Commodity Account Opening: The charges for opening commodity account are an additional Rs. 200.
Zerodha Brokerage Charges
|Equity Delivery||0.10% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Equity Intraday||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Equity Future||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Currency Futures||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Currency Options||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
|Commodity||0.01% of turnover or Rs. 20 per trade whichever is lower|
At most brokerage fees can be only Rs.20 per trade
Zerodha Other Hidden Charges
STT (Security Transaction Tax): This is charged simplest on the sell side for intraday and F&O trades. It’s far charged on both aspects for delivery trades in equity.
Stamp Duty for every state in India: Charged at .01% or Rs. 50 per contract but however will depend on which state you are from.
Transaction fee: In very small and is within the range of .00325% for delivery based totally, .0021% for futures and .053% for options.
Service tax: That is charged at 14% of the whole fee of brokerage plus transaction prices. So this could vary as the transaction fee varies based on the price of change.
SEBI expenses: that is charged at Rs 20 per crore.
Several Benefits for Choosing Zerodha
- Free buying and selling in the equity delivery.
- Zerodha charges fixed rate of Rs 20/executed order for buying and selling in stocks, F&O, currency and commodity.
- Zerodha PI, the maximum develop buying and selling platform brought by means of Zerodha.
- Zerodha KITE is a lightweight, low bandwidth, multi-language net base trading platform.
- Supports laptop base, internet base and mobile base buying and selling platform.
- 60-day challenge contest by means of zerodha in which you alternate profitably and get full brokerage refund.
- Progressive and specific trading tools – SPAN calculator, algoZ, options strategy, marketplace display and so forth.
- No advance fee, no minimal brokerage and no minimum contract costs.
- Own DP provider.
- Invest into mutual funds.
Some of the cons of Zerodha Broker are as follows :-
- Worst customer Services.
- Trading Terminal Pie hangs very frequently.
- High Brokerage.
- Low Intraday Exposures or Leverages.